Poverty is real in our area and significant to those experiencing it. The statistics indicate the realities of poverty in Michigan school districts. See the latest Census data.
The Traverse Bay Poverty Reduction Initiative and Progress Village are hard at work seeking to reduce poverty in seven northwest lower Michigan counties.
The SBDC Northwest Michigan Small Business Team is here to help you and your business. We work with committed start-up ventures and existing businesses!
Businesses can learn about contracting with the federal government at a classes being held by the Northwest Michigan Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC).
A Beaver Island Lighthouse School senior was selected to attend the Jobs for America’s Graduates (JAG) National Student Leadership Academy Conference held in Washington D.C.
Over 150 students learned about opportunities in computer aided design at northwest Michigan manufacturing companies.
Watch two short videos to find out about the value of entry level jobs and some of the key soft skills local employers want job seekers to have.
As part of the Regional Prosperity Initiative, the target market analyses residential housing studies identify future market demand for various types of housing based on analysis of existing and emerging demographic trends.
Munetrix Financial Dashboard for local governments in Northwest Lower Michigan is provided by Northwest Michigan Council of Governments.
Michigan Governor Rick Snyder has created a Regional Prosperity Initiative to encourage local private, public and non-profit partners to create vibrant regional economies.
As part of the statewide Regional Prosperity Initiative, the NWMCOG will work with the ten-county region to develop resources and tools for local decision makers as they also work to create more opportunities for investment in their communities.
Richard Norton, PhD JD gave a presenation in Leelanau County. Watch the video.
- Persistence Pays Off for Job Seeker in Manistee
- Michigan Works Helps Veteran Get Training and a New Career
- Starting a Business Workshop February 12 in Cadillac
- Traverse Bay Poverty Reduction Initiative Hosts Saturday Special on February 7
- PRI's Mentoring Group Monthly Meeting Helps Agencies with Mentors
- Wexford County Receives $210,000 Community Development Block Grant
- Agripreneur Class Offers Help for Food and Farm Businesses
- Pure Michigan Puts Snow in the Spotlight
- Beaver Island Lighthouse School Graduation December 2014
- Long-time Board Members Recognized for Years of Service
- 96% of Manistee County High School Seniors Participate in Michigan College Application Week
- Northwest Michigan Council of Governments Receives National Energy Efficiency Honors