Businesses can learn about contracting with the federal government at a classes being held by the Northwest Michigan Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC).
The SBDC Northwest Michigan Small Business Team is here to help you and your business. We work with committed start-up ventures and existing businesses!
Poverty is real in our area and significant to those experiencing it. The statistics indicate the realities of poverty in Michigan school districts. See the latest Census data.
The Traverse Bay Poverty Reduction Initiative and Progress Village are hard at work seeking to reduce poverty in seven northwest lower Michigan counties.
“Many new jobs are being created in a variety of sectors throughout northwest Michigan, with competitive wages, for a variety of skill levels,” said Elaine Wood, Networks Northwest CEO..
Students from the Sunrise Academy Alternative Education Program in Elk Rapids toured the Traverse City Michigan Works! Center to find out about the services available there and to get job search tips from Business Liaisons and Career Facilitators.
A Beaver Island Lighthouse School senior was selected to attend the Jobs for America’s Graduates (JAG) National Student Leadership Academy Conference held in Washington D.C.
Over 150 students learned about opportunities in computer aided design at northwest Michigan manufacturing companies.
Watch two short videos to find out about the value of entry level jobs and some of the key soft skills local employers want job seekers to have.
Munetrix Financial Dashboard for local governments in Northwest Lower Michigan is provided by Northwest Michigan Council of Governments.
As part of the Regional Prosperity Initiative, the target market analyses residential housing studies identify future market demand for various types of housing based on analysis of existing and emerging demographic trends.
Michigan Governor Rick Snyder has created a Regional Prosperity Initiative to encourage local private, public and non-profit partners to create vibrant regional economies.
As part of the statewide Regional Prosperity Initiative, the NWMCOG will work with the ten-county region to develop resources and tools for local decision makers as they also work to create more opportunities for investment in their communities.
- Beaver Island Lighthouse School Graduation May 2015
- Freedom of Information Act: Updated Legislation Workshop
- Employer Expo Exposes Students to Career Opportunities in Cadillac
- Career Readiness Workshop Helps Students Prepare For Jobs
- Sweet-Thunder Exhaust Recognized as SBDC Small Business of the Year
- AgriPreneur Class Helps Entrepreneurs With Food or Farm Businesses
- Cadillac Factories Pool Resources to Pay for Education of Skilled Workers
- CNA Training Offered By Michigan Works and Manistee Medical Care Facility
- Northwest Michigan Housing Summit - June 19 Traverse City
- Armor Express Receives Statewide Recognition For Creating and Retaining Jobs
- Oldenburg Group Selected As Michigan Government Contractor of the Year
- Hidden Talent Tour Visits Grand Traverse Industries
- Students Learn About Career Opportunities at Charlevoix Career Expo
- 4th Annual IT Career Fair Helps Employers and Job Seekers
- Auto and Diesel Career Fair Helps Local Businesses Find Workers
- Healthcare Access Report Considers Non-Emergency Medical Transportation in Northwest Michigan
- Munson Medical Center Joins the Northern Michigan Health Coalition
- Hot Jobs Report Highlights In-Demand Occupations in Northwest Michigan
- New Website Offers Helpful Information During Busy Road Construction Season
- Northwest Michigan Council of Governments Receives National Energy Efficiency Honors