Poverty is real in our area and significant to those experiencing it. The statistics indicate the realities of poverty in Michigan school districts. See the latest Census data.
The Traverse Bay Poverty Reduction Initiative and Progress Village are hard at work seeking to reduce poverty in seven northwest lower Michigan counties.
The SBDC Northwest Michigan Small Business Team is here to help you and your business. We work with committed start-up ventures and existing businesses!
Businesses can learn about contracting with the federal government at a classes being held by the Northwest Michigan Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC).
Students from the Sunrise Academy Alternative Education Program in Elk Rapids toured the Traverse City Michigan Works! Center to find out about the services available there and to get job search tips from Business Liaisons and Career Facilitators.
A Beaver Island Lighthouse School senior was selected to attend the Jobs for America’s Graduates (JAG) National Student Leadership Academy Conference held in Washington D.C.
Over 150 students learned about opportunities in computer aided design at northwest Michigan manufacturing companies.
Watch two short videos to find out about the value of entry level jobs and some of the key soft skills local employers want job seekers to have.
This program, offered by MSU Extension and Networks Northwest, is designed to introduce planning and zoning officials to the tools, techniques and challenges associated with shoreline protection zoning standards.
As part of the Regional Prosperity Initiative, the target market analyses residential housing studies identify future market demand for various types of housing based on analysis of existing and emerging demographic trends.
Munetrix Financial Dashboard for local governments in Northwest Lower Michigan is provided by Northwest Michigan Council of Governments.
Michigan Governor Rick Snyder has created a Regional Prosperity Initiative to encourage local private, public and non-profit partners to create vibrant regional economies.
As part of the statewide Regional Prosperity Initiative, the NWMCOG will work with the ten-county region to develop resources and tools for local decision makers as they also work to create more opportunities for investment in their communities.
- Tourism Industry, Pure Michigan Campaign Helping to Drive State’s Economy
- Jobs for Vets Hiring Event Draws 55 Employers and 158 Veterans
- Labor Shortage Myths and Realities in Northwest Michigan
- Talent Tour Helps Students Learn About Hospitality and Marketing Careers
- Charlevoix County High School Students to Explore Occupations at Career Expo
- Big Brothers Big Sisters and the Big Little Hero Race
- Traverse City Launches Crowdfunding Campaign for New 'Bumpout' Project
- PRI's Mentoring Group Monthly Meeting Investigated Readiness for Change
- Michigan Works! Helps Meijer Staff New Store in Manistee
- Intro to Business Ownership Class March 18 in Traverse City
- Michigan Works! IT Career Fair in Traverse City April 8
- Michigan Moments Come to Life in 2015 Official Pure Michigan Travel Guide
- Employer Panel at Northwest Michigan Works! Helps Job Seekers Interview Better
- Introduction to Shoreline Zoning Workshops in Traverse City and Manistee
- Persistence Pays Off for Job Seeker in Manistee
- Michigan Works Helps Veteran Get Training and a New Career
- Northwest Michigan Council of Governments Receives National Energy Efficiency Honors