Businesses can learn about contracting with the federal government at a classes being held by the Northwest Michigan Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC).
Poverty is real in our area and significant to those experiencing it. The statistics indicate the realities of poverty in Michigan school districts. See the latest Census data.
The Munson Healthcare Community Health Committee presented its first ever Community Health Hero award to the members of Progress Village.
Kelly Roy knows firsthand what it is like to live in poverty and wants to share what she knows with social service providers and others who help people in poverty.
The Traverse Bay Poverty Reduction Initiative and the Char-Em Poverty Reduction Initiative are hard at work seeking to reduce poverty in seven northwest lower Michigan counties.
A Beaver Island Lighthouse School senior was selected to attend the Jobs for America’s Graduates (JAG) National Student Leadership Academy Conference held in Washington D.C.
Over 150 students learned about opportunities in computer aided design at northwest Michigan manufacturing companies.
Watch two short videos to find out about the value of entry level jobs and some of the key soft skills local employers want job seekers to have.
The Northwest Michigan Works! and Traverse Bay Area Intermediate School District's Adult Education Class of 2014 was recognized at a commencement ceremony in Traverse City. See video highlights.
The Results Are In! The judges have selected the first and second place winners of the 2014 Student Video Challenge! Checks were presented to the winning schools. See all the videos!
As part of the Regional Prosperity Initiative, the target market analyses residential housing studies identify future market demand for various types of housing based on analysis of existing and emerging demographic trends.
Munetrix Financial Dashboard for local governments in Northwest Lower Michigan is provided by Northwest Michigan Council of Governments.
Michigan Governor Rick Snyder has created a Regional Prosperity Initiative to encourage local private, public and non-profit partners to create vibrant regional economies.
As part of the statewide Regional Prosperity Initiative, the NWMCOG will work with the ten-county region to develop resources and tools for local decision makers as they also work to create more opportunities for investment in their communities.
Richard Norton, PhD JD gave a presenation in Leelanau County. Watch the video.
- Benzie County Asking For Input on Recreation
- Beaver Island Lighthouse School Graduation December 2014
- Long-time Board Members Recognized for Years of Service
- 96% of Manistee County High School Seniors Participate in Michigan College Application Week
- Job Seekers Learn About Current Openings at Hot Jobs Now Event in Cadillac
- Housing Target Market Analyses Available by County - Regional Prosperity Plan
- Students Tour Cadillac Businesses to Learn About CAD Careers
- New Web Portal Gives Veterans Easy Access to Michigan Works Online Services
- Beaver Island Lighthouse School Students Join JAG Program
- Northwest Michigan Workforce Leaders Receive Statewide Recognition
- Job Seekers and Employers Helped by Michigan Works and Northern Staffing
- Manistee County Board Approves First Strategic Plan
- Manufacturing Day Helps Students Explore Career & Education Options
- Paddle Antrim Receives Community Growth Grant
- Boyne City Receives Community Growth Grant
- Northwest Michigan Council of Governments Receives National Energy Efficiency Honors