Businesses can learn about contracting with the federal government at a classes being held by the Northwest Michigan Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC).
The SBDC Northwest Michigan Small Business Team is here to help you and your business. We work with committed start-up ventures and existing businesses!
Poverty is real in our area and significant to those experiencing it. The statistics indicate the realities of poverty in Michigan school districts. See the latest Census data.
The Traverse Bay Poverty Reduction Initiative and Progress Village are hard at work seeking to reduce poverty in seven northwest lower Michigan counties.
“Many new jobs are being created in a variety of sectors throughout northwest Michigan, with competitive wages, for a variety of skill levels,” said Elaine Wood, Networks Northwest CEO..
Students from the Sunrise Academy Alternative Education Program in Elk Rapids toured the Traverse City Michigan Works! Center to find out about the services available there and to get job search tips from Business Liaisons and Career Facilitators.
A Beaver Island Lighthouse School senior was selected to attend the Jobs for America’s Graduates (JAG) National Student Leadership Academy Conference held in Washington D.C.
Over 150 students learned about opportunities in computer aided design at northwest Michigan manufacturing companies.
Watch two short videos to find out about the value of entry level jobs and some of the key soft skills local employers want job seekers to have.
The Summit provided an opportunity for attendees to learn about and discuss strategies to help meet the region's housing needs.
Munetrix Financial Dashboard for local governments in Northwest Lower Michigan is provided by Northwest Michigan Council of Governments.
As part of the Regional Prosperity Initiative, the target market analyses residential housing studies identify future market demand for various types of housing based on analysis of existing and emerging demographic trends.
Michigan Governor Rick Snyder has created a Regional Prosperity Initiative to encourage local private, public and non-profit partners to create vibrant regional economies.
As part of the statewide Regional Prosperity Initiative, the NWMCOG will work with the ten-county region to develop resources and tools for local decision makers as they also work to create more opportunities for investment in their communities.
- Americorps' Leah Wachlin Joins Launch Manistee
- Community Forum in Downtown Kalkaska - Aug. 13
- Northwest Michigan Works Business Services to Host Info Sessions About Funding for Workforce Training
- Ellsworth Rallies Community for Crowdfunding Campaign to Transform Downtown with New Park
- US-131 Corridor Presents Opportunities for Economic Development
- Starting a Business Workshop August 18 in Traverse City
- Pure Michigan and Under the Radar Answer the Call of the Wild, Take a Virtual Trip to the Detroit Zoo
- Grand Traverse Diesel Service Finds Employees With Help From Michigan Works!
- Benzie County Planning Commission Seeks Input Through Online Survey
- Housing Summit Focuses on Northwest Michigan's Housing Needs
- 3D Printer Awarded to TBA Career-Tech Center for Top Student Video
- Oldenburg Group Selected As Michigan Government Contractor of the Year
- New Website Offers Helpful Information During Busy Road Construction Season