The SBDC Northwest Michigan Small Business Team is here to help you and your business. We work with committed start-up ventures and existing businesses!
Businesses can learn about contracting with the federal government at a classes being held by the Northwest Michigan Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC).
Poverty is real in our area and significant to those experiencing it. The statistics indicate the realities of poverty in Michigan school districts. See the latest Census data.
The Traverse Bay Poverty Reduction Initiative and Progress Village are hard at work seeking to reduce poverty in seven northwest lower Michigan counties.
“Many new jobs are being created in a variety of sectors throughout northwest Michigan, with competitive wages, for a variety of skill levels,” said Elaine Wood, Networks Northwest CEO..
Students from the Sunrise Academy Alternative Education Program in Elk Rapids toured the Traverse City Michigan Works! Center to find out about the services available there and to get job search tips from Business Liaisons and Career Facilitators.
A Beaver Island Lighthouse School senior was selected to attend the Jobs for America’s Graduates (JAG) National Student Leadership Academy Conference held in Washington D.C.
Over 150 students learned about opportunities in computer aided design at northwest Michigan manufacturing companies.
Watch two short videos to find out about the value of entry level jobs and some of the key soft skills local employers want job seekers to have.
The Summit provided an opportunity for attendees to learn about and discuss strategies to help meet the region's housing needs.
Munetrix Financial Dashboard for local governments in Northwest Lower Michigan is provided by Northwest Michigan Council of Governments.
As part of the Regional Prosperity Initiative, the target market analyses residential housing studies identify future market demand for various types of housing based on analysis of existing and emerging demographic trends.
Michigan Governor Rick Snyder has created a Regional Prosperity Initiative to encourage local private, public and non-profit partners to create vibrant regional economies.
As part of the statewide Regional Prosperity Initiative, the NWMCOG will work with the ten-county region to develop resources and tools for local decision makers as they also work to create more opportunities for investment in their communities.
- Microplastics Expert to Keynote Freshwater Summit Oct. 30
- SBDC and SCORE Host the Small Business Financing Roundtable in Traverse City
- Salvation Army to Provide Holiday Assistance in Grand Traverse and Leelanau Counties
- Supportive Workplace Award Presented to Incredible Mo's
- Supportive Workplace Award Presented to Plascon
- Supportive Workplace Award Presented to Crystal Mountain Resort
- Industrial Sewing Training Offered by Northwest Michigan Works
- Veterans Appreciation Day at Northwest Michigan Works! in Manistee
- Benzie County Medicaid Riders Ride Free to Medical Appointments
- Businesses Can Benefit as Employer of the Day at Northwest Michigan Works!
- Oldenburg Group Selected As Michigan Government Contractor of the Year