The Michigan Manufacturing Technology Center and Northwestern Michigan College are hosting a Manufacturing Summit on November 5, 2014. Info and registration.
A series of Building Your Business workshops in Traverse City will cover a variety of topics tied to Making the Most of Your Marketing. The next workshop, Making Social Media Work for Your Business, will be September 30 from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. in the Community Room at the TBA Credit Union located at 630 East Front Street.
Janie McNabb and Annie Shetler were named on the Traverse Business News 40 Under 40 list of those who are making an impact in the region.
The Munson Healthcare Community Health Committee presented its first ever Community Health Hero award to the members of Progress Village.
Kelly Roy knows firsthand what it is like to live in poverty and wants to share what she knows with social service providers and others who help people in poverty.
The Traverse Bay Poverty Reduction Initiative and the Char-Em Poverty Reduction Initiative are hard at work seeking to reduce poverty in seven northwest lower Michigan counties.
Watch two short videos to find out about the value of entry level jobs and some of the key soft skills local employers want job seekers to have.
The Northwest Michigan Works! and Traverse Bay Area Intermediate School District's Adult Education Class of 2014 was recognized at a commencement ceremony in Traverse City. See video highlights.
The Results Are In! The judges have selected the first and second place winners of the 2014 Student Video Challenge! Checks were presented to the winning schools. See all the videos!
Machining Basics Certifications were awarded to eleven students who completed a Just in Time training. The 124-hour program was developed with input from local employers and was designed to meet the immediate hiring needs of those employers..
YouthBuild Northwest students toured the Aero Park Campus of Northwestern Michigan College in Traverse City where they learned about NMC's technical programs including construction technology, automotive technology, and welding.
Michigan Governor Rick Snyder has created a Regional Prosperity Initiative to encourage local private, public and non-profit partners to create vibrant regional economies.
As part of the statewide Regional Prosperity Initiative, the NWMCOG will work with the ten-county region to develop resources and tools for local decision makers as they also work to create more opportunities for investment in their communities.
Munetrix Financial Dashboard for local governments in Northwest Lower Michigan is provided by Northwest Michigan Council of Governments.
Richard Norton, PhD JD gave a presenation in Leelanau County. Watch the video.
- Job Seekers and Employers Helped by Michigan Works and Northern Staffing
- Manistee County Board Approves First Strategic Plan
- Pellston Receives Community Growth Grant
- Manufacturing Day Helps Students Explore Career & Education Options
- Immediate Job Openings at Michigan Works Hot Jobs Now Event in Cadillac
- High School Students Explore Career Opportunities at the Career Expo in Petoskey
- Paddle Antrim Receives Community Growth Grant
- Boyne City Receives Community Growth Grant
- Volunteers Needed at Father Fred Foundation
- Northwest Michigan Council of Governments Is Now Networks Northwest
- Students Talk About Their Participation in the Traverse Bay PRI Poverty Simulation
- Employers Talk About the Value of Entry Level Jobs and the Soft Skills They Want Job Seekers to Have
- Michigan Works Offers Career Connection for Veterans at Bravo Zulu
- Summer Youth Employment Program Helps Workers Earn and Learn
- Northwest Michigan Council of Governments Receives National Energy Efficiency Honors