The SBDC Northwest Michigan Small Business Team is here to help you and your business. We work with committed start-up ventures and existing businesses!
Businesses can learn about contracting with the federal government at a classes being held by the Northwest Michigan Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC).
Poverty is real in our area and significant to those experiencing it. The statistics indicate the realities of poverty in Michigan school districts. See the latest Census data.
The Traverse Bay Poverty Reduction Initiative and Progress Village are hard at work seeking to reduce poverty in seven northwest lower Michigan counties.
“Many new jobs are being created in a variety of sectors throughout northwest Michigan, with competitive wages, for a variety of skill levels,” said Elaine Wood, Networks Northwest CEO..
Students from the Sunrise Academy Alternative Education Program in Elk Rapids toured the Traverse City Michigan Works! Center to find out about the services available there and to get job search tips from Business Liaisons and Career Facilitators.
Over 150 students learned about opportunities in computer aided design at northwest Michigan manufacturing companies.
Watch two short videos to find out about the value of entry level jobs and some of the key soft skills local employers want job seekers to have.
Munetrix Financial Dashboard for local governments in Northwest Lower Michigan is provided by Northwest Michigan Council of Governments.
As part of the Regional Prosperity Initiative, the target market analyses residential housing studies identify future market demand for various types of housing based on analysis of existing and emerging demographic trends.
Michigan Governor Rick Snyder has created a Regional Prosperity Initiative to encourage local private, public and non-profit partners to create vibrant regional economies.
As part of the statewide Regional Prosperity Initiative, the NWMCOG will work with the ten-county region to develop resources and tools for local decision makers as they also work to create more opportunities for investment in their communities.
- Local Businesses Receive Statewide Recognition for Talent Development
- Career Advisory Group Visits NMC's Unmanned Systems Program
- Jobs for Michigan's Graduates Kicks Off in Char-Em ISD
- Local Jobs for Michigan’s Graduates Students Attend Legislative Day in Lansing
- Northwest Michigan Works Helps Business Meet Staffing Needs
- Students Learn About Local Jobs in Cadillac
- Networks Northwest Board Announces Leadership Transition
- Job Seeker Grateful for Assistance From Michigan Works
- Housing Summit Focuses on Addressing Region's Housing Needs
- Students Learn About Local Career Options at Emmet County Expo
- Statewide Recognition for Networks Northwest Board
- OpportUnity Campaign Underway to Promote In-Demand Occupations
- Northwest Michigan Works Helps Job Seeker Find the "Perfect Job"
- Regional Summit Looks at the Future of Trails in the US-131 Corridor
- Michigan Works! Helps Job Seeker Overcome Challenges and Start New Career
- Northwest Michigan Works! Helps Displaced Workers in Benzie County
- Local Jobs for Michigan’s Graduates Program Receives National Recognition
- New Director of Operations at Northwest Michigan Works
- WIOA Plan Available for Review and Comment
- Adult Education Graduates Recognized at Commencement Ceremony
- Northwest Michigan Works Receives Funding to Help Pugsley Correctional Facility Workers
- Economic Development Organizations Work Together to Help Local Businesses
- Machining Training Helps Job Seeker and Employer
- SBDC Hosts How to Buy or Sell a Business Workshop
- Beaver Island Lighthouse School Recognizes Graduates
- Employer Expo Exposes Students to Careers in Cadillac Area
- Former Student Returns to Lighthouse School 24 Years After Graduation
- Parsons Farm Selected as SBDC Small Business of the Year
- Graduating Seniors Say Lighthouse School Changed Their Lives
- Michigan Works Recognizes Northern Michigan Businesses and Employees
- Students Attend Career Conference, Youth Advisor Receives Award
- Northwest Michigan Works! Helps Single Mom Find Full Time Job
- SBDC Helps 1st Chance Garage Start Smoothly
- Businesses and Job Seekers Connect at IT Career Fair
- Job Seeker Starts Nursing Career With Help From Michigan Works
- Northwest Michigan Works! Helps Medical Facility Meet Staffing Needs
- Networks Northwest Director of Strategic Initiatives Elected to National Board
- Michigan Works Helps Job Seeker Move From Seasonal to Permanent Employment
- Support The Beaver Island Lighthouse School
- Career Café Open House at New Michigan Works Location in Petoskey
- High Schoolers Explore Career Options in Emmet County
- Beaver Island Lighthouse School Students Attend Leadership Day in Lansing
- New Career Expo for Manistee County Students
- Students Explore Local Career Options in Antrim and Kalkaska Counties
- Northwest Michigan Works! Business Liaison Receives Statewide Recognition
- Meijer Recognized as Michigan Works Employer of the Year
- Oldenburg Group Selected As Michigan Government Contractor of the Year