Networks Northwest is a 10-county public agency providing workforce development, economic development, and regional planning services in Antrim, Benzie, Charlevoix, Emmet, Grand Traverse, Kalkaska, Leelanau, Manistee, Missaukee, and Wexford counties.
The Goal of Networks Northwest's Community Development Department is to be a planning resource, enabling and enhancing the region's ability to preserve and create high quality of life conditions.
The Community Development Department will:
- Actively encourage communication, coordination, and information dissemination in the region.
- Provide technical assistance and education related to all aspects of planning - economic development, land use, transportation, watersheds, energy, environment, and housing - to empower local decision-making capabilities to improve the quality of life in the region.
- Provide a forum for discussion and coordinated planning for elected and appointed officials, staff, and public and private agencies, organizations, and institutions in the region.
- Act as a neutral convener and administrator of regional initiatives and partnership programs.
Serving the collective vision and interests of communities in northwest Lower Michigan is the reason we are here.
Community Development Team
Robert Carson, AICP
Community Development Regional Director
Zach Vega, AICP
Our Township greatly benefits from Network Northwest's experience, depth of knowledge and understanding. Because they work with so many diverse communities in our ten-county region they understand the local land-use issues and are already working on solutions by the time we realize we need some help.
- Susan Odom, Chair, Suttons Bay Township Planning Commission