Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC)
The Northwest Michigan Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) is a not-for-profit organization helping companies in northwest Michigan successfully obtain and perform under local, state, and federal government contracts.
The U.S. government spends billions of dollars annually; making it the world’s largest purchaser of goods and services. At Northwest Michigan PTAC, our professional no-cost consulting services can help your company identify the government market that best fits your organization. Our knowledgeable staff can help you locate bidding opportunities for your company and explore what it takes to sell your products and services to the government.
PTAC is a Federal Program established in 1985 by Congress, administered by the DLA, and forms a nationwide network of PTACs working to help local businesses compete successfully in the government marketplace.
Our mission is to enhance national defense and economic development of the State of Michigan by assisting Michigan businesses in obtaining and performing on federal, state and local government contracts.
We offer no-cost marketing, technical consulting and training to businesses, specifically:
- One-on-One Counseling
- Bid Match Notifications
- Contracting and Subcontracting Assistance
- Pre- and Post-Award Assistance
- Procurement History Research
- Government Contracting Training and Special Events
- And More
As a regional center, the Northwest Michigan PTAC services companies located in:
- Michigan’s Upper Peninsula – Alger, Baraga, Chippewa, Delta, Dickinson, Gogebic, Houghton, Iron, Keweenaw, Luce, Mackinac, Marquette, Menominee, Ontonagon, and Schoolcraft counties.
- Michigan’s Northwest Lower Peninsula – Antrim, Benzie, Charlevoix, Emmet, Grand Traverse, Kalkaska, Leelanau, Manistee, Missaukee, and Wexford counties.
- Counties covered by Saginaw Future – Arenac, Clare, Gladwin, Isabella, Midland, Bay, Gratiot, and Saginaw counties. Click here for more information.
If you have any questions, please Contact Us.
If you are interested in government contracting assistance but are not located in our service area, go to ptacsofmichigan.org to locate the PTAC in your area. Companies located outside of Michigan may find their local PTAC.
Follow Us on Facebook and Twitter
This Procurement Technical Assistance Center is funded in part through a cooperative agreement with the Defense Logistics Agency. This PTAC is funded in part by the Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC), and is hosted by Networks Northwest.
The professionals at Networks Northwest help our City Council, Planning Commission, and staff make thoughtful decisions to ensure our community is sustainable and resilient for many years to come.Mark Heydlauff, Charlevoix City Manager