“Many new jobs are being created in a variety of sectors throughout northwest Michigan, with competitive wages, for a variety of skill levels,” said Elaine Wood, Networks Northwest CEO..
Students from the Sunrise Academy Alternative Education Program in Elk Rapids toured the Traverse City Michigan Works! Center to find out about the services available there and to get job search tips from Business Liaisons and Career Facilitators.
A Beaver Island Lighthouse School senior was selected to attend the Jobs for America’s Graduates (JAG) National Student Leadership Academy Conference held in Washington D.C.
Over 150 students learned about opportunities in computer aided design at northwest Michigan manufacturing companies.
Watch two short videos to find out about the value of entry level jobs and some of the key soft skills local employers want job seekers to have.
- Housing Summit Focuses on Northwest Michigan's Housing Needs
- 3D Printer Awarded to TBA Career-Tech Center for Top Student Video
- Adult Education Graduation 2015
- Beaver Island Lighthouse School Graduation May 2015
- Employer Expo Exposes Students to Career Opportunities in Cadillac
- Career Readiness Workshop Helps Students Prepare For Jobs
- New Website Offers Helpful Information During Busy Road Construction Season