“Many new jobs are being created in a variety of sectors throughout northwest Michigan, with competitive wages, for a variety of skill levels,” said Elaine Wood, Networks Northwest CEO..
Students from the Sunrise Academy Alternative Education Program in Elk Rapids toured the Traverse City Michigan Works! Center to find out about the services available there and to get job search tips from Business Liaisons and Career Facilitators.
A Beaver Island Lighthouse School senior was selected to attend the Jobs for America’s Graduates (JAG) National Student Leadership Academy Conference held in Washington D.C.
Over 150 students learned about opportunities in computer aided design at northwest Michigan manufacturing companies.
Watch two short videos to find out about the value of entry level jobs and some of the key soft skills local employers want job seekers to have.
- Employer Expo Exposes Students to Career Opportunities in Cadillac
- Career Readiness Workshop Helps Students Prepare For Jobs
- AgriPreneur Class Helps Entrepreneurs With Food or Farm Businesses
- Cadillac Factories Pool Resources to Pay for Education of Skilled Workers
- CNA Training Offered By Michigan Works and Manistee Medical Care Facility
- Northwest Michigan Housing Summit - June 19 Traverse City
- Armor Express Receives Statewide Recognition For Creating and Retaining Jobs
- Hidden Talent Tour Visits Grand Traverse Industries
- Students Learn About Career Opportunities at Charlevoix Career Expo
- 4th Annual IT Career Fair Helps Employers and Job Seekers
- Auto and Diesel Career Fair Helps Local Businesses Find Workers
- Hot Jobs Report Highlights In-Demand Occupations in Northwest Michigan
- Jobs for Michigan’s Graduates Induction and Storytelling Workshop
- New Website Offers Helpful Information During Busy Road Construction Season