“Many new jobs are being created in a variety of sectors throughout northwest Michigan, with competitive wages, for a variety of skill levels,” said Elaine Wood, Networks Northwest CEO..
Students from the Sunrise Academy Alternative Education Program in Elk Rapids toured the Traverse City Michigan Works! Center to find out about the services available there and to get job search tips from Business Liaisons and Career Facilitators.
A Beaver Island Lighthouse School senior was selected to attend the Jobs for America’s Graduates (JAG) National Student Leadership Academy Conference held in Washington D.C.
Over 150 students learned about opportunities in computer aided design at northwest Michigan manufacturing companies.
Watch two short videos to find out about the value of entry level jobs and some of the key soft skills local employers want job seekers to have.
- Hidden Talent Tour Visits Grand Traverse Industries
- Students Learn About Career Opportunities at Charlevoix Career Expo
- Michigan Proposal 1 Overview by Citizens Research Council
- Nominations Being Accepted for Supportive Workplace Award
- Auto and Diesel Career Fair Helps Local Businesses Find Workers
- 4th Annual IT Career Fair Helps Employers and Job Seekers
- Benzie Bus and Senator Booher to Celebrate Transportation Month at Commuter Breakfast
- Hot Jobs Report Highlights In-Demand Occupations in Northwest Michigan
- Jobs for Michigan’s Graduates Induction and Storytelling Workshop
- New Website Offers Helpful Information During Busy Road Construction Season
- Jobs for Vets Hiring Event Draws 55 Employers and 158 Veterans
- Talent Tour Helps Students Learn About Hospitality and Marketing Careers