Watch two short videos to find out about the value of entry level jobs and some of the key soft skills local employers want job seekers to have.
The Northwest Michigan Works! and Traverse Bay Area Intermediate School District's Adult Education Class of 2014 was recognized at a commencement ceremony in Traverse City. See video highlights.
The Results Are In! The judges have selected the first and second place winners of the 2014 Student Video Challenge! Checks were presented to the winning schools. See all the videos!
Machining Basics Certifications were awarded to eleven students who completed a Just in Time training. The 124-hour program was developed with input from local employers and was designed to meet the immediate hiring needs of those employers..
YouthBuild Northwest students toured the Aero Park Campus of Northwestern Michigan College in Traverse City where they learned about NMC's technical programs including construction technology, automotive technology, and welding.
- Beaver Island Lighthouse School Students Join JAG Program
- College Application Event in Manistee to Help Graduates Apply to College
- Starting a Business Workshop November 13 in Traverse City
- Northwest Michigan Workforce Leaders Receive Statewide Recognition
- Résumé After Hours at Michigan Works in Traverse City Nov. 17
- Goodwill Offers Paid Training Programs for Commercial Cleaning and Retail/Customer Service
- Job Seekers and Employers Helped by Michigan Works and Northern Staffing
- Manufacturing Day Helps Students Explore Career & Education Options
- Immediate Job Openings at Michigan Works Hot Jobs Now Event in Cadillac
- High School Students Explore Career Opportunities at the Career Expo in Petoskey
- Northwest Michigan Council of Governments Is Now Networks Northwest
- Students Talk About Their Participation in the Traverse Bay PRI Poverty Simulation
- Employers Talk About the Value of Entry Level Jobs and the Soft Skills They Want Job Seekers to Have
- Summer Youth Employment Program Helps Workers Earn and Learn