“Many new jobs are being created in a variety of sectors throughout northwest Michigan, with competitive wages, for a variety of skill levels,” said Elaine Wood, Networks Northwest CEO..
Students from the Sunrise Academy Alternative Education Program in Elk Rapids toured the Traverse City Michigan Works! Center to find out about the services available there and to get job search tips from Business Liaisons and Career Facilitators.
Over 150 students learned about opportunities in computer aided design at northwest Michigan manufacturing companies.
Watch two short videos to find out about the value of entry level jobs and some of the key soft skills local employers want job seekers to have.
- Career Connection in Petoskey to Focus on Health Care and Hospitality
- Beaver Island Lighthouse School Recognizes Graduates
- Employer Expo Exposes Students to Careers in Cadillac Area
- Career Connection in Boyne City to Showcase Local Manufacturing Jobs
- Former Student Returns to Lighthouse School 24 Years After Graduation
- Construction Laborer Training Available to Help Workers Prepare for High-Demand Jobs
- Graduating Seniors Say Lighthouse School Changed Their Lives
- Michigan Works Recognizes Northern Michigan Businesses and Employees
- Students Attend Career Conference, Youth Advisor Receives Award
- Businesses and Job Seekers Connect at IT Career Fair
- Hiring Event in Traverse City Connects Veterans with Local Jobs
- Armor Express Selected as Michigan’s Government Contractor of the Year
- Northwest Michigan Works! Helps Company With Training and Job Postings
- Northwest Michigan Works! Helps Medical Facility Meet Staffing Needs
- Support The Beaver Island Lighthouse School
- Career Café Open House at New Michigan Works Location in Petoskey
- High Schoolers Explore Career Options in Emmet County
- Beaver Island Lighthouse School Students Attend Leadership Day in Lansing
- Students Explore Local Career Options in Antrim and Kalkaska Counties
- New Career Expo for Manistee County Students
- Northwest Michigan Works! Business Liaison Receives Statewide Recognition
- Meijer Recognized as Michigan Works Employer of the Year