“Many new jobs are being created in a variety of sectors throughout northwest Michigan, with competitive wages, for a variety of skill levels,” said Elaine Wood, Networks Northwest CEO..
Students from the Sunrise Academy Alternative Education Program in Elk Rapids toured the Traverse City Michigan Works! Center to find out about the services available there and to get job search tips from Business Liaisons and Career Facilitators.
A Beaver Island Lighthouse School senior was selected to attend the Jobs for America’s Graduates (JAG) National Student Leadership Academy Conference held in Washington D.C.
Over 150 students learned about opportunities in computer aided design at northwest Michigan manufacturing companies.
Watch two short videos to find out about the value of entry level jobs and some of the key soft skills local employers want job seekers to have.
- Supportive Workplace Award Presented to Crystal Mountain Resort
- Supportive Workplace Award Presented to Plascon
- Supportive Workplace Award Presented to Incredible Mo's
- Industrial Sewing Training Offered by Northwest Michigan Works
- Benzie County Medicaid Riders Ride Free to Medical Appointments
- Veterans Appreciation Day at Northwest Michigan Works! in Manistee