Job Posting: Business Liaison, Benzie and Manistee Counties
Job Posting: Business Liaison, Benzie & Manistee Counties
Northwest Michigan Works!, Inc. seeks an outgoing, resourceful, and team-oriented professional to offer Business Services to employers in Benzie and Manistee Counties. The Business Liaison serves as a liaison between Northwest Michigan Works! and Northwest Michigan Council of Governments’ resources and the business community, economic development organizations and like-minded partners. The primary role is to respond to employers’ real-time needs for talent through various job placement and training activities.
See full job description and qualifications below.
Anticipated annual salary for this full-time position is $28,000-$33,000. Northwest Michigan Works!, Inc. offers very competitive and comprehensive benefits.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and at least three references by Friday, May 25 to Jaclyn Sanborn, Business Connections Manager at email@example.com.
Northwest Michigan Works!, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities. Auxiliary aids and service are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
Job Title: MICHIGAN WORKS! BUSINESS LIAISON
Serve as a liaison between Northwest Michigan Works! and Northwest Michigan Council of Governments’ resources and the business community, economic development organizations and like-minded partners. Respond to employers’ real-time needs for talent through various job placement and training activities.
Business Connections Manager
Job Titles Supervised:
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Be the expert on employer workforce needs:
- Conduct outreach to employers, assess their needs and record them in the Customer Relationship Management.
- Identify training needs for job seekers and employers; communicate needs to Business Connections Manager.
- Communicate employer needs and workforce trends to Michigan Works! staff and to job seekers.
2. Provide top-quality talent recruitment and retention to a diverse sector of businesses; promote and deliver services to employers, including:
- Screening and referral through job fairs, resume search, application collection, interviews, and other techniques to meet and screen potential candidates for referral to employers.
- Develop On-the-Job Training contracts for eligible new hires: identify skill gaps, develop a training plan, monitor and follow-up.
- Refer employers to HR resources for job descriptions, compensation plans, personnel manuals, employment law, etc.
3. Promote service offerings and outcomes to businesses, job seekers, partners and the general community:
- Promote Northwest Michigan Works! services and represent the agency at business and community events.
- Promote the agency and engage employers through social media applications.
- Record service activities in the Customer Relationship Management and collect testimonials.
- Coordinate with Business Connections Manager and Northwest Michigan Council of Governments Communications Team to develop promotional materials.
4. Be a resource for other business development needs:
- Provide referrals to partners for other business development needs.
- Convene the regional Business Enhancement Team to stay abreast of partner activities, to promote workforce development as an economic development strategy, and to follow-up on referrals.
- Participate in business start-up, expansion and retention activities as a member of the Michigan Economic Development Corporation resource team; coordinate with Business Connections Manager to develop training incentive packages.
5. Participate in Rapid Response activities:
- Maintain awareness of potential closings in the business community to provide maximum lead-time for dislocated worker services.
- Provide an immediate response to all business closings and layoffs, including coordination of Rapid Response services and notification of dislocations to the Northwest Michigan Council of Governments and Michigan Economic Development Corporation—Workforce Development Agency.
Works directly with Program Director, Business Connections Manager, Operations Managers, Information Systems staff, Support Services staff, Career Counselors, Trainers, JET Counselors, Prisoner Reentry staff. Coordinates with PTAC, SBTDC, and Regional Planning.
Private and public sector employers, local economic development organizations, chambers, HR associations, industrial associations, Michigan Economic Development Corporation staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Outgoing, resourceful, accountable self-starter
- Orientation toward professionalism, collaboration, and relationship-based work
- Minimum work experience of at least three years in private sector
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to make individual or group presentations
- Must possess excellent computer & time management skills
- Knowledge of local labor market & public/private sector employment practices
- Must possess a valid Michigan driver’s license
- Residence within the geographical territory of assignment, strongly preferred.
- Literacy in work-based technologies: smart devices, computer hardware & office software, projectors, etc., strongly preferred.
Submit résumé, three references, and a letter of interest in the position by May 25, 2012 to: Jaclyn Sanborn, Business Connections Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Elise, Sarah and Elizabeth of Networks Northwest really made the Speak-Up Kalkaska Event successful, and we look forward to our continued partnership in completing the cooperative Master Plan Process.Cash Cook, Kalkaska DDA Director