Benzie County to Host Focus Group and Discussion About Planning Commission Roles, Responsibilities, & Coordination
5:30 - 7:00 p.m.
- The history of planning and zoning in Benzie County
- Statutory roles and responsibilities of the County Planning Commission
- County and township planning coordination
- The Benzie County Master Plan Update process
- Activities and initiatives of neighboring County Planning Commissions
As part of the Benzie County Master Plan update process, the Benzie County Planning Commission and the Master Plan Update Committee are hosting a series of focus groups this fall. In addition to local government, topics will include transportation and economic development.
Free to attend, but please RSVP by September 11 to: Elizabeth Calcutt, Networks Northwest, firstname.lastname@example.org or 231-929-5048.
Refreshments will be served.
Our Township greatly benefits from Network Northwest's experience, depth of knowledge and understanding. Because they work with so many diverse communities in our ten-county region they understand the local land-use issues and are already working on solutions by the time we realize we need some help.Susan Odom, Chair, Suttons Bay Township Planning Commission