2023 Hazard Mitigation Plan
Networks Northwest will assist the Wexford County Department of Emergency Management Director to update their plan.
Thank you for your input! The results of the community survey will be utilized to inform the direction of the updated Natural Hazard Mitigation Plan.
Drafts for Review:
Partial Draft Wexford County Natural Hazard MItigation Plan 9/15/2022
|Environmental Features Map||Hazard Areas Map||Vulnerable Populations and Hazard Areas Map||Infrastructure Map|
Meetings and Documentation
Natural Hazard Mitigation work meetings and documentation will be posted here as they become available. All meetings are open to the public.
Unleess otherwise indicated, the Wexford County Local Planning Team (LPT) meets in person at the County Commissioners’ Room, Historic Courthouse, 437 E. Division St., Cadillac, Michigan.
- January 20, 2022 LPT at 10:00 am
- April 21, 2022 10:00 am at the Wexford County Sheriff's Office Training Room: Public Input Session/LPT on Hazard Identification
- September 15, 2022 LPT at 10:00 am
- October 24, 2022 Wexford Joint Planning Commission - presentation and public input session on draft strategies - at 6:30 pm at the Wexford County Road Commission Bldg., 85 M-115, Boon, MI 49618
- December 6, 2022 at 10:00 am: public input session on draft strategies at Wexford County Sheriff's Office Training Room, 1015 Lincoln St., Cadillac
- January 19, 2023 LPT at 10:00 am
Phase I: Data collection and community survey
Phase II: Hazard identification and risk assessment
Phase III: Review and update hazard mitigation goals, priority areas, and implementation strategies.
Phase IV: Draft plan public comment period. Post the plan electronically and meet with the public for comments. Incorporate feedback from the public review period and make final edits to the plan.
Phase V: Plan Adoption. Facilitate the plan adoption process with the County Board of Commissioners and local officials.
Networks Northwest always proves to be a valued resource for our local government planning efforts. No organization does a better job of convening partners, promoting collaboration, and reporting on the data than does Networks NorthwestTy Wessell, Leelanau County Commissioner