Notice of Availability of Draft Hazard Mitigation Plan and Public Meeting for Input on the Draft Hazard Mitigation Plan
A public hearing for the plan will be held on April 19, 2023 at 4:00 PM as part of the Wexford County Board of Commissioners Meeting. The meeting location is in the Historic Wexford County Courthouse, 3rd Floor, Board of Commissioners Room at 437 E. Division St., Cadillac, MI 49601. Upon review of the plan, the Board of Commissioners shall recommend it be sent to Michigan State Police Homeland Security Division for review and then on to FEMA for their review and approval. Once FEMA has approved the plan, it will be brought before local government boards for adoption.
Public comments are requested either in person or by representative at the public meeting or at PO Box 506, Traverse City MI 49685, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
2023 Wexford County Hazard Mitigation Plan Current Drafts for Review:
Full Size Hazard Maps (Appx. A of the plan)
Meetings and Documentation
Natural Hazard Mitigation work meetings and documentation will be posted here as they become available. All meetings are open to the public.
Unleess otherwise indicated, the Wexford County Local Planning Team (LPT) meets in person at the County Commissioners’ Room, Historic Courthouse, 437 E. Division St., Cadillac, Michigan.
- January 20, 2022 LPT at 10:00 am
- April 21, 2022 10:00 am at the Wexford County Sheriff's Office Training Room: Public Input Session/LPT on Hazard Identification
- September 15, 2022 LPT at 10:00 am
- October 24, 2022 Wexford Joint Planning Commission - presentation and public input session on draft strategies - at 6:30 pm at the Wexford County Road Commission Bldg., 85 M-115, Boon, MI 49618
- December 6, 2022 at 10:00 am: public input session on draft strategies at Wexford County Sheriff's Office Training Room, 1015 Lincoln St., Cadillac
- January 19, 2023 LPT at 10:00 am
Phase I: Data collection and community survey
- The results of the community survey were utilized to inform the direction of the updated Natural Hazard Mitigation Plan.
Phase II: Hazard identification and risk assessment
Phase III: Review and update hazard mitigation goals, priority areas, and implementation strategies.
Phase IV: Draft plan public comment period. Post the plan electronically and meet with the public for comments. Incorporate feedback from the public review period and make final edits to the plan.
Phase V: Plan Adoption. Facilitate the plan adoption process with the County Board of Commissioners and local officials.
Our Township greatly benefits from Network Northwest's experience, depth of knowledge and understanding. Because they work with so many diverse communities in our ten-county region they understand the local land-use issues and are already working on solutions by the time we realize we need some help.
- Susan Odom, Chair, Suttons Bay Township Planning Commission