Notice of Availability of Draft Hazard Mitigation Plan and Public Meeting for Input on the Draft Hazard Mitigation Plan
A public hearing for the plan will be held on March 22, 2023. The meeting will be at the Missaukee County Annex Building, 105 S. Canal Street, Lake City, MI 49651 at 5:00 PM. Upon review of the plan, and incorporation of any public input received at or prior to the public hearing, the County Planning Commission shall recommend it be sent to Michigan State Police (MSP) Homeland Security Division for review and then on to FEMA for their review and approval. Once FEMA has approved the plan, it will be brought before the County Board of Commissioners and all local government boards for adoption.
Public comments are requested either in person or by representative at the public meeting or at PO Box 506, Traverse City MI 49685, or by email at Jennifer.firstname.lastname@example.org.
2023 Missaukee County Hazard Mitigation Plan Drafts for Review
Project Maps (Appendix A)
Community Survey Results (Appendix B)
Meetings and Documentation
Hazard Mitigation Plan work meetings and documentation will be posted here as they become available. All meetings are open to the public.
The Missaukee County Local Emergency Planning Committee/ Local Planning Team (LEPC/LPT) and the Missaukee County Planning Commission meet in person at at the County Annex Building, 105 S. Canal Street, Lake City, MI.
- October 20, 2021 LEPC/LPT at 6:00 pm
- January 19, 2022 LEPC/LPT at 6:00 pm
- May 25, 2022 at 5:00 pm: Missaukee County Planning Commission/Public Input Session on Hazard Identification
- Presentation, Notes and Hazard ID Maps
- September 28, 2022 at 5:00 pm: Missaukee County Planning Commission - review partial draft plan and update goals, objectives and strategies
- November 16, 2022 at 5:00 pm: Missaukee County Planning Commission - review plan updates and suggested mitigation strategies
- January 18, 2023 at 6:00 pm: Missaukee County LEPC - review final draft, strategies and hazard maps
- March 22, 2023 at 5:00 pm: Missaukee County Planning Commission - Public Hearing on the Draft Plan
Phase I: Data collection and community survey (Survey results were utilized to inform the direction of the updated plan.)
Phase II: Hazard identification and risk assessment
Phase III: Review and update hazard mitigation goals, priority areas, and implementation strategies.
Phase IV: Draft plan public comment period. Post the plan electronically and meet with the public for comments. Incorporate feedback from the public review period and make final edits to the plan. Send to MSP to begin the approval process by MSP and FEMA.
Phase V: Plan Adoption. Facilitate the plan adoption process with the County Board of Commissioners and local officials.
Northwest Michigan Works! is an essential resource for employers and job seekers in the Northern Michigan area.
- Kathy Stuart, Michigan Rubber Products Human Resource Manager