2023 Hazard Mitigation Plan Update
Networks Northwest will assist the Manistee County Office of Emergency Management Coordinator to update their 2015 plan. The process will take place over a two year period, ending by December 2023. To be eligible for pre-disaster mitigation project grants awarded by FEMA, participating jurisdictions must contribute to the creation of the plan and adopt the FEMA-approved plan.
Current Drafts for Review:
2/21/2023 Draft Plan and Strategies Table
Maps (Appx. A of the plan)
Meetings and Documentation
Natural Hazard Mitigation work meetings and documentation will be posted here as they become available. All meetings are open to the public.
The Manistee County Local Emergency Planning Committee/ Local Planning Team meets regularly with Networks Northwest staff to discuss progress on the Hazard Mitigation Plan Update. Please contact the Manistee County Emergency Management Coordinator to request a meeting link.
- December 20, 2021 at 11:00 am
- March 17, 2022 at 11:00 am
- May 19, 2022 LEPC/LPT and Community Input Session on Hazard Identification
- August 22, 2022 at 10:00 am IN PERSON at Manistee County Sheriff's Office and via Zoom
- December 8, 2022 at 6:15 pm: Manistee County Planning Commission meeting, BOC Room, 415 Third St., Manistee, MI 49660
- February 21, 2023 at 10:00 am: LEPC/LPT review of revised draft plan and strategies at Manistee County Sheriff's Office and via Zoom
Phase I: Data collection and community survey. The survey results were utilized to inform the direction of the updated plan.
Phase II: Hazard identification and risk assessment
Phase III: Review and update hazard mitigation goals, priority areas, and implementation strategies.
Phase IV: Draft plan public comment period. Post the plan electronically and meet with the public for comments. Incorporate feedback from the public review period and make final edits to the plan.
Phase V: Plan Adoption. Facilitate the plan adoption process with the County Board of Commissioners and local officials.
Northwest Michigan Works! is an essential resource for employers and job seekers in the Northern Michigan area.Kathy Stuart, Michigan Rubber Products Human Resource Manager