Northwest Michigan Arts and Culture Summit February 11 at Interlochen
TRAVERSE CITY, MI—Artists, organizations, businesses, and others in the creative sector are invited to participate in the Northwest Michigan Arts & Culture Summit February 11 at the Interlochen Center for the Arts. The Summit is being held to help the creative sector build a network and take arts and culture outside the box by using creative resources to demonstrate economic impact, build partnerships, enhance communities, and strengthen the work that is already being done. The event will run from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at Interlochen’s Mallory-Towsley Center for Arts Leadership.
The Summit will include:
· Presentations & panel discussions with state leaders on networks, resources, strategies, advocacy & partnerships that can benefit the creative sector;
· Ideas & examples of creative collaborations at work in northern Michigan and beyond;
· Technology tools, techniques & hands-on learning to “connect with your crowd” of colleagues, collaborators, fans and funders;
· Strategies & next steps to continue strengthening the network and moving forward.
Speakers will include:
· John Bracey, Executive Director, Michigan Council for Arts & Cultural Affairs
· Jennifer Goulet, President & CEO, Creative Many;
· Deborah E. Mikula, Executive Director, Arts Council of Greater Lansing;
· Susan Wenzlik, Placemaking & Brownfield Redevelopment Coordinator,
Michigan Department of Environmental Quality;
· Julie Avery, Emeriti Curator for Rural Life & Culture and Cultural Economic Development Extension Educator, Michigan State University;
· Andy Wolber, Wolberworks;
· Rick Schmitt, Stormcloud Brewing Company;
· Jason Dake, Dennos Museum Center;
· Sherri DeCamp, Art Rapids!;
· Denise Cline, Katie Wolfe & Mary Ellen Jones, Lake Huron Discovery Tour;
· Bill Palladino, Taste the Local Difference & Groundworks for Resilient Communities;
· Matt McCauley, Networks Northwest.
The cost to attend the Summit is $25. Registration is available online at: networksnorthwest.org/arts
# # #
Networks Northwest really made the Speak-Up Kalkaska Event successful, and we look forward to our continued partnership in completing the cooperative Master Plan Process.Cash Cook, Kalkaska DDA Director