Lakes to Land Regional Initiative for Manistee and Benzie Counties
INFORMATION MEETINGS SET FOR MAY 23, 24 ON NEW MANISTEE-BENZIE INITIATIVE
MANISTEE AND BENZIE COUNTIES - If you're interested in an exciting regional initiative involving several townships and communities in Manistee and Benzie Counties, two upcoming meetings will provide you with all the facts about the new "Lakes to Land Regional Initiative."
The Initiative is a progressive, joint effort of four townships in Manistee County and four townships and Frankfort in Benzie County to bring everyone together to craft visions and strategies for the future. The communities will work in unison to prepare individual Master Plans and Recreation Plans, then use them to develop collaborative strategies for the future - and to attract public and private investment to turn plans into reality.
Two open general information meetings are being hosted by the Initiative's Leadership Team for everyone to learn about the purpose, goals, opportunities for participation and schedule for the largest regional initiative of its kind in the State of Michigan:
May 23, 2012 7 p.m. Onekama Consolidated School Cafetorium
May 24, 2012 7 p.m. Frankfort-Elberta Elementary School Gym
Leadership Team members include:
- Onekama Township: Susan Barnard and David Meister
- Arcadia Township: Brad Hopwood and Greg Wisner
- Bear Lake Township: Janette May, Bill Ringel and Deanna Pattison
- Pleasanton Township: Kris Kranz and Bob Peterson
- Blaine Township: Chuck Beale, Dave Long, Don Smeltzer and Dan Bitner
- Gilmore Township: Dennis Holcomb, Robert Delanoy and Carolyn Feites
- Joyfield Township: Betsy Evans, Tom Hart, Matt Emery, Ted Wood, Guy Sauer and Susan Zenker
- Crystal Lake Township: Sandy Skees Giaier, Monica Schultz, Sharron May and Jim Laarman
- City of Frankfort: Bruce Oglivie and James Campbell
- The firm Beckett & Raeder was selected by the Leadership Team as the lead consultant for the Initiative.
"The benefits of this Initiative depend upon getting everyone in our communities excited and engaged," said Leadership Team member Monica Schultz. "This isn't about just another plan - it's about developing strategies for action and partnership in all of our communities. We have the ability to take advantage of opportunities and shared resources to increase our economic well-being. If you live, work or play in this region, please join us to learn more!"
For more information, contact:
Alliance for Economic Success, 1361 US 31 South, Manistee, MI 49660
Phone: (231) 723-4325
Elise, Sarah and Elizabeth of Networks Northwest really made the Speak-Up Kalkaska Event successful, and we look forward to our continued partnership in completing the cooperative Master Plan Process.Cash Cook, Kalkaska DDA Director